Oct 14, 2020 - Nov 25, 2020
This hackathon event had ended at Nov. 25, 2020, 11:59 p.m., please check the ongoing hackathons.
The Open Web Fellowship is a six-week programme offering an investment pool of $100,000 which will be granted to winning profit sharing communities on the Arweave network. Arweave welcomes applications from existing profit sharing communities as well as brand new apps built during the course of the programme.
As well as potentially receiving investment in your project, you will be able to:
● Attend masterclasses delivered by industry experts on a range of topics: from designing your project’s token economics, to refining your marketing strategy, or pitching techniques and beyond.
● Showcase your project live to the whole Arweave ecosystem on Demo Day: pitching to users, contributors, and receiving valuable feedback from world-renowned investors.
● Benefit from insights and support from leading profit sharing community founders and seasoned Arweave community members.
● Participate in exclusive community events and discussion spaces.
Profit sharing communities are a fundamentally new way of incentivizing founders to build web services. Profit sharing communities couple profit sharing tokens (PSTs) with an on-chain governance structure. This enables you to earn a stream of tips from the usage of a permaweb app, as well as to monetize access to these futures profits. You can find out more about PSTs here, and about PSCs here.
The aim of this programme is to offer tailored support, resources, and guidance to both brand new and existing PSC founders who wish to push their projects to the next level.
All you need to do to get started is to register here on Gitcoin, and join us on our ecosystem Discord server! You will then receive news and notifications for upcoming events and deadlines as the programme progresses.
See you on the permaweb!
+ You can find the docs for getting started deploying your first permaweb app here.
+ We’re providing some free tokens so you can get started building and deploying - grab your wallet here. For guidance on how to use the Chrome web extension wallet, check out this user guide.
+ Our blog post about profit sharing tokens can be found here, our post on SmartWeave can be found here, and information about profit sharing communities can be found here.
+ A guide for spinning up your SmartWeave PST can be found here.
+ You can create your profit sharing community here.
+ If you need technical support, join our developers’ Discord here where core Arweave team members and community members can offer you guidance.
Successful submissions will meet the following criteria:
● Apps must be open source, with the full source code available on Github or another open code hosting repository. Feel free to use whatever OSS licence you prefer.
● Your application must incorporate a profit sharing community. The owners of the associated profit sharing token receive royalties from usage of the app.
● Your submission must include a link to a live, functioning, and running instance of the app itself, as well as a link to the repository it is stored within. It must also be published to ArweaveApps (see the submission process below).
● All applicants must join our Discord Dev server and share your submission in the #on-the-arweave channel upon completion.
The Arweave core team will be investing $100,000 in winning projects submitted during the Open Web Fellowship programme. This investment will be made in the form of the Arweave team purchasing selected projects’ profit sharing tokens. The winning projects will be selected by the core Arweave team following the Gitcoin submission deadline on the 25th of November, then negotiations for token purchase will be made individually with each project and its founder(s).
- Monday, Oct 19th between 5 and 6pm CEST: How to Build your Profit Sharing Community // Register here: https://www.airmeet.com/e/f4a4b670-0e2b-11eb-a4df-0be2e439ef27
- Thursday, Oct 22nd between 6 and 7pm CEST: Profit Sharing Communities & Usage mining // Register here: https://www.airmeet.com/e/33418af0-0e2e-11eb-a4df-0be2e439ef27
Visit the Prize Explorer to check out the prizes posted by our hackathon sponsors. Click each prize to show important details, including the submission requirements, submission deadline, etc.
Chat with other hackers, ask sponsors and the Gitcoin team questions, find or create a team, and communicate real-time. Click here to join the party!
When your team is formed please have one of your teammates navigate to each prize page you plan to compete for and click the “Start Work” button.
Build your cool ideas and make your vision come true with your team!
When your project is completed, submit your work by clicking the “Submit Work” button on the prize page/
Tell us a little about you:
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬). Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: