No funded issue found.
Check out the
Issue Explorer Be the OSS Funding you wish to see in the world.
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue
Workers Auto Approve
[BOUNTY] Fix script responsible for preparing IPFS mirror
## **BOUNTY:** $500 ([how to claim?](https://github.com/ipfs/devgrants/blob/master/BOUNTIES.md#how-to-collect))
- We unpack ZIM and put it on IPFS as a regular HTML+JS+CSS website.
- Before its published we customize JS to a footer is attached to every page, informing reader that its unofficial wikipedia mirror
- The build inserts custom footer into snapshots (https://github.com/ipfs/distributed-wikipedia-mirror/issues/17, https://github.com/ipfs/distributed-wikipedia-mirror/pull/15).
- Existing scripts no longer work and need to be updated/redone before we start creating new snapshots (this is blocking #58, #61, #60)
Pick up where PR at #67 ended and update `execute-changes.sh` script to:
- [ ] Ensure there are no JS errors when pages are loaded
- see https://github.com/ipfs/distributed-wikipedia-mirror/issues/60#issuecomment-577246143
- [ ] Make it possible to navigate to other articles
- [ ] ensure relative paths work
- [ ] on `https://ipfs.io/ipns//wiki/`
- [ ] on `https://.ipfs.dweb.link/wiki/`
- [ ] When unpacked with `extract_zim`, all pages are named `ArticleName.html` but they link to other article names without `.html`
- idea: for every article, create `ArticleName/index.html` with a redirect page to `ArticleName.html` (similar to [this](https://github.com/ipfs/distributed-wikipedia-mirror/blob/ef2690e1ce1c3153a3601cac827c211d7a82c85a/redirect-page/index_root.html))
- [ ] Custom footer needs to be appended to every page
- [ ] Update footer contents
- [ ] add link to article snapshot at original Wikipedia
- `oldid=` links can be found in page sources, for example:
- [ ] add link to the source .zim file
- for now it can be link at download.kiwix.org, in the future it will be `.zim` on IPFS
- [ ] remove logos/buttons of centralized services
- [ ] include information on takedown policy / contact (eg. if latest snapshot includes information removed in upstream wikipedia)
- [ ] Restore original Main Page
- every wikipedia has a Main Page under different name
- there are scripts to find out that name and fetch original for the right snapshot, see work started in https://github.com/ipfs/distributed-wikipedia-mirror/pull/67/commits/bb9f48c47de62ffe2548faaa72bef009282048e1
- what needs to happen is to download original, fix it up to work locally and save it as `/wiki/index.html`
## Acceptance Criteria
- PR with necessary changes is submitted and merged to this repo
- Script works and enables us to produce updated IPFS mirror of the latest Turkish snapshot: [`wikipedia_tr_all_maxi_2019-12.zim`](https://download.kiwix.org/zim/wikipedia/wikipedia_tr_all_maxi_2019-12.zim)
- CID of a demo output is provided
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: