No funded issue found.
Check out the
Issue Explorer Be the OSS Funding you wish to see in the world.
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue
Workers Auto Approve
Decentralized Design Bounty - Decentralizing & Mapping Gitcoin's Valueset
Hi Gitcoin Community
If you check out gitcoin.co/mission you will see a list of values for the network.
- Self Reliance
- Intellectual honesty
- Stress Reducers
- Giving first
These are values that I coded into the network landing page in 2017. I also specified ways that I like to *interact* with people or what we believe.
I'm going to try something weird today. I want to decentralize the measurement and creation of Gitcoin's values.
Here's what I'm thinking:
- It'd be cool to build a new page that lists values and is more "alive" than the existing page
- The most basic thing we could do is add a 'post' button and a 'like' or 'dislike' button so people can upvote things, and we can get a sense of whats trending
- Introducing crypto (and perhap staking) would be an interesting way to make sure that the signal put into the system is not "cheap". So basically having to stake 1 DAI on a value is more signal than 1 like because DAI is more scarce than likes
- Introducing a 'bonding curve' type of mechanic would be an interesting way to give people a profit incentive to "invest" in values that they hold dear but they think are undervalued by the community.
- The aggregate result of this, if we were to build it and people were to use it.. Would be a map of the valuesets of different Tribes in the gitcoin community.
- One thing we learned from Gitcoin Quests is that gamification will create more engagement than non-gamifified system.
- Simplicity matters a lot - we should err towards something that is emotionally evocative as much or perhaps moreso than something that is elegant from a cryptoeconomic perspective.
- Some of these design thoughts are contradictory with each other. We should embrace the tradeoffs!
I'm putting these thoughts into what i'm calling a 'decentralized design bounty'. Basiscally the prompt is to read the above + provide feedback on what you think the design of such a system (if any) should be.
I will award some ETH to people who help us shape the ideas, at my discretion. I have 1.5 ETH to drop on people. As a general rule I will drop you ETH if you are (1) thoughtful (2) meaningful contribute to moving the system design forward.
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: