No funded issue found.
Check out the
Issue Explorer Be the OSS Funding you wish to see in the world.
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue
Workers Auto Approve
From 0-to-1: Growth Hacking Your Viral dApp Idea
**Submission Form** 👇
**Playbook Template** 👇
3 ETH (2 prizes for less than 10 submissions, up to 4 prizes awarded for more than 10 submissions received).
Have you been wondering about what blockchain and web3 technology is? Do you believe that somewhere, someone is experiencing a problem caused by lack of transparency, corruption, or centralization? If so, this hackathon is for you!
**Important to note: We are not asking for your app idea. Submissions that are just the idea alone, without user validation and a playbook of their methods will be marked as disqualified.**
Over the next 15 days, publish your idea and experiment to see if people are interested. No code required; this is a contest for growth hacking and lean experimentation! At the end of the hackathon, show us that you’ve come up with the most viral idea for a new startup by sending us compelling numbers in the form of:
- Beta signups or emails collected (i.e. through a fake door)
- Medium post shares or claps
- Existing Web3 players talking about your idea publicly (e.g. on Twitter or in publications)
- Industry SME endorsements (recorded, written, or published)
- Other (tell us how you measure virality!)
All metric counts should end/close 48 hours before the end of the hackathon (Feb 10 at 11:59 EST)
Use the last 48 hours to write a playbook which includes learnings from this experiment and recommendations based on those learnings
The only metric we will not accept is Twitter metrics, as they can be easily tampered with.
## Deliverables Due Upon Completion:
We expect to see the following upon completion of the hackathon:
- Proof of concept (e.g. Medium post, website landing page, pitch deck, etc)
- Quantifiable proof of traction both upon completion and over time. Show us your numbers!
- An open-source playbook on how you achieved success, written and published as an article, a deck, a PDF, etc. This should be at least 700 words in length.
## How We Score Your Entries:
**Quantitative**: Link to score-card with weighted scores and how it will be calculated for each.
**Qualitative**: 40% of the score will be based on the playbook; the creativity and ingenuity shown in finding potential users for your next project and building a community around it.
The following rules will be strictly enforced by judges, at their discretion:
- Any cheating will result in immediate disqualification (no bots!)
- Each applicant must meet minimum scoring requirements
- Applicants must be able to prove that the company does not exist prior to January 29, 2020.
Feel free to consult the following resources about growth hacking and lean experimentation:
- Fake door: https://hackernoon.com/fake-door-the-mvp-before-the-mvp-61197ed264a3
- Lean UX: https://www.uxmatters.com/mt/archives/2016/02/validating-product-ideas-through-lean-user-research.php
- Cold calling for introverts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tcVZtgUWYk&t=0s
- How to Launch Your Blockchain Startup (Without Writing a Single Line of Code)
- How to write a social media playbook: https://medium.com/comms-planning/how-to-write-a-social-media-playbook-3b6860d22c25
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: