No funded issue found.
Check out the
Issue Explorer Be the OSS Funding you wish to see in the world.
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue
Workers Auto Approve
Livepeer: Build a Video DApp - First Place
web3 ethberlin streaming video ethereum livepeer
Hi EthBerlin hackers! Livepeer is making video possible in the web3 stack. Because it is peer to peer and decentralized, it’s the infrastructure solution for developers who want to build a video application in the web3 stack.
## If You’re a Web Developer, Two Ways to Hack on Livepeer this Weekend ##
**Create a Video DApp using Livepeer**
- [Start here](https://github.com/livepeer/Broadcaster-Chat-App) - We’ve built an end to end tutorial that shows you how to get an app using livepeer running Video-based Dapps (184.108.40.206:3000/test (this is the dapp the tutorial builds), [livepeer.tv](https://media.livepeer.org/channels/0x0ddb225031ccb58ff42866f82d907f7766899014))
- Infrastructure tools and services for broadcasters or live streamers (for example, SAAS services on top of Livepeer)
**Integrate live video into your own hack - Livepeer Tools**
- [Use Livepeer.js library](https://github.com/livepeer/livepeerjs/tree/master/packages/sdk) The livepeer.js library allows you to communicate with the smart contracts that define the Livepeer protocol. Rather than calling solidity code directly, it provides a high level interface for web3 developers. You can easily get information about broadcasters, transcoders, your streaming job without having to call solidity contracts directly.
- [Livepeer React component](https://github.com/livepeer/livepeerjs/tree/master/packages/chroma). [Here’s an example React app](https://github.com/livepeer/ethdenver/tree/master/livepeer-chroma-video-player) built using a Livepeer component which streams video from a livepeer node.
**Don’t want to hack on livepeer all weekend? Play hard to get. We’re into it.**
[Complete this 20 minute mini-challenge](https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/484793872006905869/487208658598363146/Mini_Challenge.pdf) - run a live stream from a livepeer node and earn 25 LPT. It’s a great place to start learning how livepeer works if you’re deciding if you want to hack on it this weekend
## Resources ##
- [Join the Livepeer Discord #EThBerlin Channel](https://discord.gg/dCTB5T2)
- [How to build an app on livepeer](https://github.com/livepeer/Broadcaster-Chat-App) - End to end tutorial
- Livepeer in [60 seconds](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_lammvup8M&t=66s)
- Livepeer in [5 minutes](https://medium.com/livepeer-blog/livepeer-for-beginners-3b49945c24a7)
- [Read the docs](https://livepeer.readthedocs.io/en/latest/developers.html)
## Submission guidelines ##
**Submission** code to main repo, and leave a comment on this issue if you are submitting for this prize
**Judgement Criteria:** Show the world what is possible in a world where live streaming is affordable, reliable and uncensorable. Prizes will be awarded to teams based on the following, in order of importance:
1. Impactful use case - help us imagine what is possible when using your voice in a censorship resistant world
2. Usability - our goal is that users could use your dapp to create content and/or consume it. Think through that experience, make sure its funcitoning, and we will help you host a node remotely for 3 months after the hackathon
3. User Experience - is it sticky? Will people be able to get started creating content easily?
- Mobile Player Android App
- Mobile Player iOS Ap
- EdTech platforms - ideas for live learning
- TeleHealth - a DApp built for healthcare
- Video app that releases encrypted content
- Payment channel based payments micropayments for pay-as-you-go streaming
- Tip With Eth via Metamask
- "Report this content to the community" Mechanism
- Use a token curated registry for transcoders to subscribe to to indicate what type of content they are willing to transcode
- Livestream Your Own Desktop
- Interactive chat
- Incentivized live coding - twitch for coding
- 24-hr live Ethereum talk show
- Decentralized reputation system for broadcasters and/or transcoders
## Prizes ##
First Place: 4.4 ETH
2nd Prize: 2.2 ETH
Livepeer Stream Challenge: 25 LPT
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: