No funded issue found.
Check out the
Issue Explorer Be the OSS Funding you wish to see in the world.
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue
Workers Auto Approve
ETHSanFrancisco MakerDAO API/Protocol Challenge
ethsanfrancisco, makerdao, cdp, dai, api
## About MakerDAO
[MakerDAO](https://makerdao.com/) is a decentralised organisation dedicated to bringing stability to the crypto economy through Dai, the world's first stablecoin on the Ethereum blockchain. Dai is an asset-backed hard currency that addresses the crypto economy’s problems of volatility with a secure and transparent smart contract platform of permission-less loans.
We have a few things we'd love to see ingesting our API, one in particular is data visualisation. It's easy to lose track of the relative cost, or performance, of a CDP over time when the value of the collateral is constantly changing. Especially when Dai is drawn at various dates in the lifetime of a CDP. How much did that debt actually cost? In ETH? In USD?
Create an interface that will allow CDP owners to easily gain a deeper insight into the health of their position. The tool should use the MakerDAO [Query API](https://developer.makerdao.com/dai/1/graphql/) as a data source and any other useful API you can think of like the one provided by [Loanscan.io](https://loanscan.io/loan/2309?txHash=0xca789335a464a8c3a56fbaf85354562e498a2223898a028ed559b6061750498e).
Pick one of these options to complete the task:
* Make a connector for an open-source data viz tool (like Granfana) that allows people to ingest data from the Query API, save the metrics in a local keystore (like Elasticsearch) and display it through a graph builder (like Granfana)
* Make a dashboard from scratch, how hard could it be?
* Come up with a better idea for generating the ultimate CDP dashboard
The application should include things like:
* Future health projections and trend lines
* Ability to see the performance of the CDP since creation
* Show total investment cost in USD for all deposits at time of staking
* Show current margin gain
* Some mechanism that shows what the Ether price needs to be to: break even, earn 10, 20, 25%
* Graphs that show changes in debt over time with relative USD value
* Graphs that show changes in collateral over time
* Graphs that show collateralisation ratio over time
* Graphs that show liquidation price over time
* Logs/Graphs for all events in the history of the CDP(draw, lock, wipe, free, etc)
* Show current PETH price/Price at lock time
The winning project must use the MakerDAO Query API. Bonus points for ingesting complementary crypto APIs like the one from [Loanscan.io](https://loanscan.io).
* **2000 Dai**: Grand prize
A non-exhaustive list of addresses, Github repos/documentation, and tools for development in the Maker ecosystem:
* [Getting Started With Maker](https://www.reddit.com/r/MakerDAO/comments/8jsalu/getting_started_with_maker/)
* [Resources and Tools and Contracts](https://source.deco.network/rich/challenge-hacksummit-MakerDAO/src/branch/master/Resources%20and%20Tools.md)
* [MakerDao Articles, Blog Posts and Tutorials](https://www.reddit.com/r/MakerDAO/comments/8k8h51/makerdao_articles_blog_posts_and_tutorials/)
For questions about the challenge please message [@rich.brown](https://chat.makerdao.com/direct/rich.brown) in our chat or feel free to ping the MakerDAO #devs in [chat.makerdao.com/channel/dev](https://chat.makerdao.com/channel/dev).
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: