Track 6: On-Chain Wallet - "Web3"
**On-Chain with Wallet Security**
**Track 6 - Web3. Curate [crypto names](https://twitter.com/1wallet_/status/1420414981636456449) + reputations + moments, as DeFi dashboard + NFT gallery + DAO townsquare**
Note: to qualify for prizes, project submissions in this category must build upon **[1Wallet](https://talk.harmony.one/t/1wallet-an-unconventional-keyless-wallet/1958)** or **[SmartVault](https://talk.harmony.one/t/smartvault-smart-contract-wallet-with-worry-free-recovery-and-dapps/1933)**.
The second hackathon theme is *On-Chain* with our social wallets and keyless security. The 4 tracks — Frontends, Web3, Web2, Security — emphasize the **consumer experience** of delighting the users without worrying about blockchain technology or custody. Wallets are becoming the Web3 portals as a DeFi dashboard for asset swaps and investments, a NFT gallery for collectible editorials and auctions, or a DAO townsquare for governance votes or payrolls. Our hackathon encourages seamless onboarding and incentivized education for smart contract wallets; builders can start from our audited prototypes featuring authenticator-based security and on-chain account recovery.
Composing Web3 contracts and integrating Web2 components is the **crossing of the chasm** for daily uses. Our wallets should work as a mobile or even wearable client. They can also curate crypto and domain names, work activity and reputations, or even virtual and life moments. Furthermore, the wallets can link your identity on Twitter as social clout, Github as work prowess, or Linkedin as tailored profiles. At this hackathon, cryptography or security researchers can extend our authentication to multiple factors, verify implementations with formal methods, or prototype based on our latest research papers. ([more](https://twitter.com/1wallet_/status/1420414981636456449))
Here are our guidelines for prizes and grants for Harmony’s $1 million hackathon (https://hack.harmony.one).
There are 3 main themes and within each theme there are 4 tracks. Those are listed below.
For each of the 12 tracks, the prize pool is $81,000. The judges and Harmony team will have full discretion to select the following winners and prizes:
Top Prize: $20,000
Second Prize: $10,000
Third Prize: $5,000
Pool Prize: $6,000 divided up for all projects with a qualified submission: a smart contract deployed on Harmony mainnet / testnet. The pool prizes are entirely up to the discretion of the judges.
Each track will then have 4 follow on grants of $10,000 each to give out in the 4 months after the hackathon for any winner reaching any of the goals:
launch on mainnet with 1000 users
$100,000 in venture or DAO funding
a 3-out-of-5 multisig DAO with 100 on-chain votes
These milestones must be reached by January 31, 2022 before the grants expire.
For each track, there will be a 9-person multi-signature wallet of $40,000 and those signers will give out the 4 grants. The 9 people will be the top 3 winners, 3 from the pool prize and 3 from the judges, Harmony DAOs (community, validator), developer captains, and pangaea captains.
The multi-sig holders will decide on the 4 follow-on grants, though we ask that all follow on grants be posted in the Harmony forum (here) with strong support from the community.
In addition to the 12 Harmony tracks, we are working with Terra, Chainlink, Sushi, Maddock Capital, and Hashkey on a challenge with the following prize structure: $20K for top prize, $10K for second, $5K for pool prize, and 2 follow on grants of $10K to be decided by the prize partners.
**### Submission Requirements**
- All submissions must be open source with a github repo.
- To qualify all projects must utilize the Harmony as part of their application stack
- The application must be USEFUL or INTERESTING or NOVEL. Extra points if app is deployed on Harmony Mainnet.
- If there is wide appeal for the application, it will score better.
- A demo video must be submitted for a complete submission
- All submissions are through Gitcoin and teams must be formed via Gitcoin with all team members registered.
**### Judging Criteria**
A panel of distinguished judges will evaluate your submission. Here's the criteria by which your work will be judged:
- Teams are limited to 4 members at most. We encourage team members to be from a variety of backgrounds. We prefer that web2 devs just dipping their toe in web3 have more seasoned developers on their team and to learn from each other.
- Alignment to the challenges theme of TradFi to DeFi
- Is the application useful? Is it interesting?
- Originality and innovation: Because Harmony is EVM-compatible, porting anything from Ethereum is super easy. If you're going to fork something, that's ok. But add your own flare to it and make it worth using and be explicit how this fork is . If it's just a plain-vanilla fork with nothing new, you'll win nada. zip.
- Technicality of implementation: how difficult was it to create your application? If it was easy, that will reduce the likelihood of winning anything.
- Design and usability: Have some pride in what you create; add some craftmanship to it.
In addition to the hackathon, we will have a series of workshops, fireside chats, panel interviews, office hours, and check-ins. The schedule is TBD but will be announced as soon as possible. In the meantime, here are the key dates:
- July 15, Open Registration
- August 16, Hackathon begins, Opening Ceremonies
- August 17, Team Formation (details TBD)
- August 20, Submit Team names and team members
- September 15, Mid-point Demo Day (optional, depending on interest)
- September 30, Submission Deadline, Hackathon ends, Closing Ceremonies
- September 30-October 5, Judging
- October 6, Winners Announced
- October 11, Payouts Completed
**### Important Links**
- Developer Docs: https://dev.harmony.one/
- Getting Started: https://docs.harmony.one/home/developers/getting-started
- APIs: https://docs.harmony.one/home/developers/api
- Dapp Templates and Tutorials: https://docs.harmony.one/home/developers/showcases/dapp-samples-on-harmony
- Codebase: https://github.com/harmony-one
- Horizon trusted bridge smart contracts: https://github.com/harmony-one/ethhmy-bridge
**### Contact Us / Get Developer Help**
- Developer Forum: https://talk.harmony.one/
- Discord: https://harmony.one/discord
- Weekly Developer Calls: Every Thursday, 9AM PST, https://harmony.one/zoom