No funded issue found.
Check out the
Issue Explorer Be the OSS Funding you wish to see in the world.
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue
Workers Auto Approve
Shyft: 14 ETH to build the best solution using Shyft’s open source REST-based block explorer API
blockchain, block explorer, shyft, solidity
### Hi ETH SF Hackers!
**Shyft** is undertaking an ambitious plan to build a global trust protocol for the
secure sharing and transfer of attested data to the benefit of global consumers and institutions.
### **Shyft API Challenge Overview**
We are offering 1 prize for the team that builds the best solution using Shyft’s open source REST-based “block explorer” API.
**-Shyft API -**
For queries on the Ethereum Block Explorer, individuals and enterprises need to use a centralized block explorer or running a full node in order to validate and being absolutely sure they are looking at the correct chain -- which is no trivial task when we're talking about decentralized trustless transactions!
What we’ve done at Shyft is implementing a next-generation decentralization process between all participants in the network; For every single node, we’ve added an option to become a block explorer. With this, the limitations you’ll have for using plain Ethereum (not being able to make promises for uptime for wallet users, for example) disappear.
Further, with a private network (or coalition thereof) setup, our system can vastly accelerate query speed, by using a shadowed PSQL database that is able to process and return generic SQL query results at best-of-class speeds, measured in traditional terms.
We've set up a very cool team for helping you:
Chris (Shyft), Aidan & Greg (Chainsafe)
You'll be able to grab them directly at the event.
**And you can always just drop your questions in the Shyft Dev Slack #ETH SF ;)**
### ****Skills Level****
### **Get Started**
Available Resources: https://shyftnetwork.github.io/go-empyrean/#introduction
### **Submission Guidelines**
**For the team with the best usage of the Shyft protocol’s REST interface to the shadowed PSQL database “Block Explorer” API, by way of generic SQL query with UI connectivity.**
- An example of what we would consider an optimal integration for this prize would include things like WebSocket panels or improved data visualization, to allow for more optimal query procedures.
- Connectivity to existing SQL query designers is also useful.
### **Acceptance Criteria**
1. **Completeness;** Build and test thoroughly. The product/framework build should solid enough that your own code can be written and tested, and allow others to do the same.
2. **Optimization;** As the core of the features of the Shyft development toolkit are based on optimizing existing processes using Ethereum as the foundation, any improvements on Shyft’s blockchain should be engineered to be as efficient as possible. Caching and proper memory management are useful, as are techniques to help optimize SQL queries for end-users.
3. **Presentation;** A compelling interface is the next best thing to having someone holding your hand through the process. As the challenges have a UI/UX component, please try to be kind to those that will utilize the results of your efforts globally, and create a user interface experience that minimizes delays and provides comprehensive information.
Shyft Network will award 14 ETH to the winning team!
**THE SHYFT TEAM IS EXCITED TO MEET YOU! #shyftup #shyftnetwork**
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: