No funded issue found.
Check out the
Issue Explorer Be the OSS Funding you wish to see in the world.
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue
Workers Auto Approve
Build a Creative Privacy Feature on Keep Network
privacy, zcash, bitcoin, random-beacon
### Prize Title
The Keep Privacy Prize
### Prize Bounty
Grand Prize of 50,000 KEEP! (and instant eligibility to win up to 50k more in June’s Playing for Keeps)
2 runner up prizes of 20,000 KEEP
### Challenge Description
Keep judges are open to anything using Keep and/or tBTC, but we’ve got 4 types of submissions we’d prefer to see:
1. **Randomness for privacy** - Keep’s random beacon allows for robust randomness in decentralized applications, [tBTC being the first example](https://blog.keep.network/the-importance-of-randomness-keeps-role-in-tbtc-a20e444d285b). In tBTC, signer selection is done through the random beacon, which prevents collusion in deposit federations. This challenge asks you to build any dApp or integration using Keep’s random beacon.
2. **tBTC privacy hacks** - tBTC is a Bitcoin bridge on Ethereum, it’s a 1:1 BTC supply peg ERC-20, allowing Bitcoiners to use DeFi and other decentralized applications. Privacy is a huge use case, which has been less explored so far. Build a dApp that would help protect BTC user’s privacy using tBTC. The sky's the limit here. Tornado Cash + tBTC? A UTXO mixer? Privacy is a great way to convince Bitcoiners to use Ethereum!
3. **Hack a Zcash relay for tZEC** - Bitcoin isn’t the only coin that can use tBTC’s bridge spec. Join with our co-sponsoring friends at ECC and work on bridging ZEC and ETH with a Zcash relay, based on [Summa’s BTC relay](https://github.com/summa-tx/relays) and our recent [Blake2 pre-compile EIP](https://eips.ethereum.org/EIPS/eip-152).
4. **Signature test vector library** - Come up with a set of test vectors that will work across different Bitcoin-based chains. Valid transactions that will work on Bcash, but not Bitcoin? How about SegWit, but not Zcash? This is a challenge the team faced when working on tBTC, and the creation of a common test vector repository or library would help strengthen interop bridges like tBTC and tZEC.
Also, don’t forget you can get creative with Keep and tBTC. We’ll be considering all submissions that meet the requirements!
### Submission Requirements
- Must be open source
- Show us the GitHub & on-chain (Ropsten)
- Demo strongly recommended
### Submission Deadline
July 6th @ midnight - submission deadline [edit: Gitcoin privacy hackathon extended 1 week!]
### Judging Criteria
We'll be looking for technical value-add as well as a great experience: we want to see usability, utility, and creativity. On the technical side, the fewer obvious attacks your project has, the better. Good, clean architecture and a good API (when applicable) will also be weighed.
If you choose challenge #3 or #4 we’ll be judging in collaboration with our ECC co-sponsor judges.
### Winner Announcement Date
July 2nd - Hackathon winner announced (right before June Play for Keeps winners)
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: