No funded issue found.
Check out the
Issue Explorer Be the OSS Funding you wish to see in the world.
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue
Workers Auto Approve
Aragon challenge for Best app or integration - First place
ethberlin, aragon, dapp
# ETHBerlin Aragon challenge for Best app or integration - First place
[Aragon](https://aragon.org) is the most powerful and modular way to create and operate Decentralized Autonomous Organizations.
Given the huge number of possibilities of what DAOs will be able to do and all the different manners that organizations can be governed, Aragon is an app platform in which developers can create applications that can run directly inside a DAO.
But in our journey on creating DAOs, we discovered how to modularize individual components that **can be used for creating any Dapp or crypto protocol**.
**Learn more about hacking with Aragon in our _[Aragon at ETHBerlin](https://blog.aragon.org/aragon-at-ethberlin/)_ blog post!**
We have built multiple pieces of infrastructure to make this happen:
- **Aragon CLI**: Aragon CLI is a tool for creating, testing and publishing Aragon applications.
- **aragonOS**: A framework that enables flexible and upgradeable governance mechanisms by creating and assigning permissions to multiple entities.
- **Aragon UI**: An Aragon-native toolkit of UI components for decentralized apps.
- **Aragon Core** ([try it out](https://app.aragon.org)): A client to interact with aragonOS-powered decentralized organizations. It implements a signer with transaction pathing, notifications and a sandboxed environment for aragonOS-based apps using aragon.js.
Although these components are very powerful together, you can use them indivually.
You can find all the information and tutorials on how to build on Aragon in the [Aragon Developer Portal](https://hack.aragon.org) and the community and team are available for helping out at the [Aragon Chat](https://aragon.chat) in the [#dev-help](https://aragon.chat/channel/dev-help) channel.
Feel free to stop by our booth as well for a chance to grab some Aragon swag!
### **Build DAOs, protocols and dapps**
Aragon is the most **powerful** and **modular** way to run DAOs. But on our journey into creating DAOs, we discovered how to modularize individual components that can be used for creating **any dapp or crypto protocol**.
In this guide, we will walk you through creating your first Aragon app using [aragonOS](https://hack.aragon.org/docs/aragonos-intro.html), [aragon.js](https://hack.aragon.org/docs/aragonjs-ref.html), [Aragon UI](https://hack.aragon.org/docs/aragonui-intro.html) and [Aragon CLI](https://hack.aragon.org/docs/cli-usage.html).
### [**Your first Aragon app tutorial**](https://hack.aragon.org/docs/tutorial.html)
**Aragon CLI** is a tool for creating, testing and publishing Aragon applications.
### [**Aragon CLI getting started guide**](https://hack.aragon.org/docs/cli-usage.html)
- [Aragon CLI repository](https://github.com/aragon/aragon-cli)
A framework that enables flexible and upgradeable governance mechanisms in smart contracts.
### [**aragonOS intro**](https://hack.aragon.org/docs/aragonos-intro.html)
- [**aragonOS reference documentation**](https://hack.aragon.org/docs/aragonos-ref.html)
- [aragonOS repository](https://github.com/aragon/aragonos)
### [**aragon.js reference documentation**](https://hack.aragon.org/docs/aragonjs-ref.html)
- [aragon.js repository](https://github.com/aragon/aragon.js)
**Aragon UI** - A UI toolkit for decentralized apps
It will make your app look consistent with the whole look of the Aragon client, in a way that it will not even look like the user is running apps from different developers. Although Aragon UI **is not mandatory**, its use is recommended to speed up your frontend development.
### [**Aragon UI intro**](https://hack.aragon.org/docs/aragonui-intro.html)
- [**Aragon UI gallery of UI components**](https://ui.aragon.org/)
- [Aragon UI repository](https://github.com/aragon/aragon-ui)
## Judging criteria
The following criteria will be applied by the Aragon team when assessing the submitted projects:
- **Technical soundness**: We will evaluate the code and test its quality, the security of the app, and some other technical aspects such as the gas efficiency of the smart contracts.
- **Innovation and usefulness**: How much value the proposed solution will bring to the Aragon ecosystem and how innovative and novel the idea is.
- **Use of Aragon**: How well the application uses the Aragon stack, including the use of aragonOS, aragon.js, the Aragon Package Manager, DAO kit creation...
- **Completeness**: How complete the app is and how much effort would it take for it to run in a production environment. It will also evaluate how much of the scope of the project was accomplished during the hackathon.
There will be just one prize category, which will select the **best Aragon app or integration** submitted by the criteria above. There will be 2 prizes:
- **First prize**: $3,000 USD in ANT
- **Second prize**: $2,000 USD in ANT
**The exchange rate for Aragon Network Token will be fixed at the price of ANT at 00.00 CEST on September 9th 2018 available in [coinmarketcap.com](https://coinmarketcap.com)**
**Some ideas for types of apps that we would love to see built in the hackathon are:**
- **Forwarders**: Forwarders are apps that will only pass a message or an action to other apps in the DAO if some conditions are met. Forwarders are the best way to implement governance mechanisms that can be plugged into any Aragon DAO.
For example, the standard Voting app only forwards actions if a proposal is approved by token holders. A forwarder could be built to create a prediction market on whether the proposal will be positive thing for the DAO in a 5 year timeframe.
You can check a brief intro to forwarders in the [Intro to forwarding](https://hack.aragon.org/docs/forwarding-intro.html) or check the Aragon [Voting app code](https://github.com/aragon/aragon-apps/blob/master/apps/voting/contracts/Voting.sol).
- **Connector apps**: By building a connector or bridge app, an Aragon DAO can participate in other protocols or Dapps on the Ethereum network.
Some examples are building a connector app with a **decentralized exchange** that will allow the DAO to exchange the tokens it owns into other tokens, or being able to **manage non-fungible digital assets** such as [land](https://decentraland.org) or [cats](https://www.cryptokitties.co).
- **Identity and reputation**: Many organizational governance processes require or could benefit from uniquely identifying individuals or measuring an individuals reputation within an organization.
Some examples might be to integrate identity attestation processes or reputation with the [ACL](https://hack.aragon.org/docs/acl-intro.html), so that identified or reputable users can be given additional privileges within an organization.
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: