No funded issue found.
Check out the
Issue Explorer Be the OSS Funding you wish to see in the world.
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue
Workers Auto Approve
Build and run a Permafeed: Data Feed Archiving Competition
arweave, bot, crawler, api, permaweb
# Build and run a Permafeed: Data Feed Archiving Competition
## PRIZE BOUNTY
1st place 1000 DAI
4 Runner ups 250 DAI
Arweave is a decentralized and permanent store of humanity's valuable knowledge and history. Data is the new oil, as The Economist famously asserted, and Arweave is its permanent home -- [secured by cryptography and sustainable economics](arweave.org). 90% of all data in existence was created in the last two years, and much of that was in *data streams*. Whether it is stock price data, tweets from world leaders, or meteorological data, this competition is to find the most valuable and important data streams in the world and add them to the Arweave network.
Permafeeds (Data feeds on the Arweave) have interesting properties. They are permanently available, which means that every data point they have ever provided is transparent and auditable. This allows developers that build applications that depend on them to verify the reliability and integrity of the streams. They are also available through a decentralized and highly replicated storage network, ensuring extremely high availability and uptime.
## CONTEST DETAILS & GUIDELINES
This contest is to build and run a bot that will archive a data stream for a month (or as long as you can, if you start later). The data can be anything you like but will be judged on its potential usefulness to others.
- Your feed(s) should be easily queryable, using a tag like ‘Feed-Name’: ‘MyFeedServiceName’
- You should use a dedicated wallet without other data posted from it.
- You should document your feed’s schema: the tags it uses and the data format.
- You should give an example query (ArQL or GraphQL) in the documentation.
- The code to archive the feed should be on GitHub with an OSS License included.
* You can get started building data archivers in one line of bash with Arweave and hooverd. You can find the details and start archiving [here](https://github.com/samcamwilliams/hooverd).
* The HTTP API to interact with Arweave can be found [here](http://bit.ly/2PSlzUZ).
* Documentation for ArweaveJS library that allows you to read from and write to the permaweb is available [here](http://bit.ly/2MnqBGA).
* We’re providing free tokens for you to get started building and testing your bot - Grab your wallet [here](https://tokens.arweave.org/academic-publishing-portal). For guidance on how to use the Chrome web extension wallet, check out [this user guide](http://bit.ly/31sLHYl).
**Don’t forget to join us on our developers’ [Discord server](https://discord.gg/AhsZfBm) to chat and get feedback/assistance from the Arweave team & our community! Don’t forget to ask there if your bot needs a top-up!**
## JUDGING CRITERIA
This contest is to build and run a bot that will archive a data stream for a month (or as long as you can, if you start later). The data can be anything you like but will be judged on its potential usefulness to others and how easily people can query and use the data.
## SUBMISSION PROCESS
* Click "Start Work" and start BUIDLing.
* Hack and run your bot! [Join us on our tech Discord](https://discord.gg/AhsZfBm) if you have any questions.
* Publish a GitHub repo with the code that archives the data, the documentation for the stream and the wallet address used.
## SUBMISSION DEADLINE
January 15th - 11:59PM Eastern Time.
## WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT DATE
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: