No funded issue found.
Check out the
Issue Explorer Be the OSS Funding you wish to see in the world.
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue
Workers Auto Approve
Integrate Connext 2.0 into `videoDAC` template pay-to-play stream Consumer app
pay-to-play, Ethereum, livestreaming, state-channels
# Current Situation
Currently, Video DAC's pay-as-you-go Android app template (e.g. used in [Görli TV app](https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.videodac.hls)) can be configured to make payment of 0.0005 ETH (~13¢) via the app every 1 minute using native onchain ETH transactions.
Each transaction requires gas to be paid (21,000 units), which at 2 gwei gas is 0.000042 ETH (~1.1¢), or 8.4% fees.
This is relatively expensive, when charging e.g. 10¢ per minute, and it hinders us from charging per second (instead of per minute).
# Scope of this issue
This issue is about integrating the Görli TV app with Connext 2.0, to allow payments to be made with lower (preferably `zero`) per-payment transaction costs.
The app should release payment into the recipient's control after every 1s of streaming video content watched by the viewer.
# Out of scope
The app does not need to:
- Provide a way for a user to withdraw their credit balance (they can only use it by watching)
- Include end-user functionality for "loading up" their Connext wallet. This should be automated in the app.
# Implications of this functionality
The key output of this functionality would be to allow the app to be configured to send smaller payments per `unit of time`. For example, sending
> 0.0001 $DAI per 1 second of video played. This equates to e.g. 0.6¢ per minute, or $0.36 per hour of video played.
It would also enable payments in ETH or an ERC-20 token (e.g. a Stablecoin such as $DAI, or a project's own coin such as $BAT, $MKR, $OMG, $SNT, $OXT, $ZRX, $PLN, $JULIEN, $cDAI, Tether).
# Specific deliverables
- Pull request to github.com/videoDAC/apps with new code base using Connext 2.0
- APK files for `debug` for testing and `release` to release as "Rinkeby TV", with associated git commit hashes
- Update to documentation about how to use app template for a user to launch a their own pay-to-play app
# Some specific requirements
- In terms of "depositing funds into Connext", the UX should automatically handle this, and be hidden from the user. The user should just be able to send DAI to the app's address, and the app handles everything else, in terms of "depositing into Connext"
- App should not use package name `com.videodac.hls`, as this clashes with existing deployment (Görli TV)
# Further context
This issue is related to the following issues:
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: