No funded issue found.
Check out the
Issue Explorer Be the OSS Funding you wish to see in the world.
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue
Workers Auto Approve
Road to Devcon - Create a Material Tracking Application - $2000 Bounty
# Prize Bounty 🏆
First prize: 2,000 USD
# Challenge Description 💪
Create an application that tracks a specific item or items on the Algorand blockchain. Build a dashboard for consumers to view updates registered to the blockchain for tracked item/s.
Algorand transactions have a notefield that allows input of any arbitrary byte-data up to 1 KB in size. This challenge requires you to define your own template standards that represent pertinent data points (e.g. temperature reading template, location checkpoint template) for tracking an object or material through the supply chain. Bring this use case to life, by creating a dashboard that visualizes the items path in real time by listening to associated updates on the blockchain.
# Key Components 🔐
* Representation of a unique item on the Algorand blockchain (using addresses and/or tailored notefield templates)
* Representation of supply chain events associated with a unique item via the notefield in an Algorand transaction.
* GUI tracking dashboard for end users (e.g. an enterprise or consumers)
# Resource Links 🌐
Algorand Dev Docs: https://developer.algorand.org/
Algorand SDK Documentation:
* Go: https://godoc.org/github.com/algorand/go-algorand-sdk
* Python: https://py-algorand-sdk.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
* Java: https://algorand.github.io/java-algorand-sdk/
Hackers can use these parameters to access a remote Algorand TestNet node
# Why this matters 🤷
- Standardization allows external developers to listen for updates and display via consumer-facing dashboards and/or use to create new downstream use cases.
- Providing a compelling visual frontend helps demonstrate the use case to a broader audience.
# Submission Requirements 🎯
1. Clean, well-documented code.
2. Definition of at least one template for supply chain events relevant to your application (e.g. a template that represents registering a temperature reading for an associated item, a template that represents the associated item entering a specific location).
3. A dashboard that visualizes the tracked item/s.
# Submission Deadline 🛑
11:59pm Eastern on Oct. 5th.
# Judging Criteria 👩🏻⚖️
For multiple submissions, we will use the following criteria to rank:
1. How clear, reusable, and efficient are the supply chain templates?
2. How compelling is the tracking dashboard in bringing the use-case to life for end consumers?
3. How performant is the software?
4. Does the solution offer creative integrations with other well-known services (e.g. integration with AWS, Google, Azure cloud services)?
# Winner Announcement Date 💥
The Algorand team will announce the winner at Devcon5 in Osaka on October 8th, 2019!
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: