No funded issue found.
Check out the
Issue Explorer Be the OSS Funding you wish to see in the world.
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue
Workers Auto Approve
Build a WeaveMail Client
# Build a WeaveMail Client
## **PRIZE BOUNTY**
WeaveMail allows its users to send and receive messages without being tracked or watched by big corporations. Weavemail cannot be censored as it’s fully decentralized and it cannot be lost since it’s permanently available on the Arweave network.
WeaveMail has been live for years now and it’s used by hundreds of users. Now we need your help creating a new WeaveMail client! WeaveMail is outdated, it needs a new design and a new structure. We offer all the required resources, including the current WeaveMail source code, fully available on Github for you to start working on this amazing project!
1. Build your own version of a WeaveMail client. The new client has to improve the loading messages speed and the UI for your client. Weavemail is a completely open-source project, available on [GitHub](https://github.com/ArweaveTeam/weavemail).
2. You can build the UI from scratch or work with an already available framework, as long as it’s open source. WeaveMail is built on top of simple API calls, it’s up to you on how to interact with the Arweave SDK.
3. It is recommended to play around with the current WeaveMail client to see how it works and some of the features that are already in place. Any extra features are welcome.
4. Your client needs to be a fully functional dApp and must be deployed on the permaweb at the time of submission.
1. Submissions must be your original work.
2. Previously published dApps aren’t eligible to participate in this bounty.
3. You must make your full source code available over Github and it needs to include an OSS license. Which one is up to you!
4. Complete all the goals set in the Goals section.
There will be **one single** winner of 2,000 DAI.
If submission dApps don’t meet all of the goals and criteria outlined above, there will not be a winner.
We are here to help you build your idea for the bounty, [Join us on our tech Discord](https://discord.gg/TC8eSg9) if you have any questions!
For entries that show high potential, you can apply for funding for further development and drive adoption through our [Grants Program](https://www.arweave.org/get-involved/grants-funding), and bring your hackathon entry to the next level.
* WeaveMail is fully open-source and available over GitHub [here](https://bit.ly/3eXhGIp).
* You can find the documentation needed to start BUIDLing on Arweave [here](https://bit.ly/3bPG2BI).
* Documentation for **ArweaveJS** library that allows you to read from and write to the permaweb is available [here](http://bit.ly/2MnqBGA).
* ArweaveID is a great integrated protocol used on WeaveMail, it’s open-source and available [here](https://github.com/shenwilly/arweaveID).
* We’re providing free tokens for you to get started building and testing your dApp - Grab your wallet [here](https://tokens.arweave.org/weavemail-client-bounty). For guidance on how to use the Chrome web extension wallet, check out [this user guide](http://bit.ly/31sLHYl).
* You can find very useful information about Creative Commons [here](https://creativecommons.org/licenses/).
**Don’t forget to join us on our developers’ [Discord server](https://discord.gg/TC8eSg9) to chat and get feedback/assistance from the Arweave team & our community!**
## **SUBMISSION PROCESS**
* Click "Start Work" and start BUIDLing.
* Hack! [Join us on our tech Discord](https://discord.gg/TC8eSg9) if you have any questions!
* Provide the links to the permaweb version and your GitHub WeaveMail client repo.
## **SUBMISSION DEADLINE**
11:59pm EST on May 21st
## **JUDGING CRITERIA**
The prize will be awarded to the individual/team that produces the best approach and the most user-friendly WeaveMail client while respecting the challenge description, goals, and criteria.
## **WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT DATE**
## **HAPPY HACKING!!**
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: