No funded issue found.
Check out the
Issue Explorer Be the OSS Funding you wish to see in the world.
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue
Workers Auto Approve
Parameter Sweeping introduced in the Robot and Marbles tutorial series
Jupyter Notebook, Python
We want to continue the Robot and Marbles tutorial series with a simple tutorial of the Parameter Sweeping feature found in cadCAD.
Parameter Sweeping is a cadCAD feature that runs a model under different possible parameterizations. In a cadCAD model, parameters might refer to intrinsic settings of the system being designed that are still subject to change. They might also refer to assumptions made about properties of the agents that interact with the system, for example. Parameter sweeping is especially helpful in sensitivity analysis, where we are interested in exploring the effects of changing a parameter, or if the desired goals of the system are achieved under a range of assumptions about external agents.
1. Fork the Robot and Marbles part 4 notebook and name it Robot and Marbles Part 7 - Parameter Sweeps.
2. Modify it to make use of the Parameter Sweep feature where the `robots_probabilities` global constant is turned into a parameter to be swept. (Similar to part 6 being a modified fork of part 4 introducing the A/B Testing feature),
3. Compare the results of the sweeps with plots (as was done in Robot and Marbles part 6)
## Acceptance Criteria
- `robots_probabilities` is parameterized
- Variable and function naming conventions match those in the previous robot and marbles tutorials
- The difference in the resulting datasets is clearly visible in the plots
- Plot Style is consistent with earlier robot and marbles tutorials
- The range of the parameter sweep should be appropriate for obvious difference in the resulting datasets
- Documentation assumes readers have completed Parts 1 through 6, and builds on these materials:
- Markdown cells throughout the notebook guiding the reader through the feature
- Code cells contain comments highlighting relevant pieces of the code
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: