No funded issue found.
Check out the
Issue Explorer Be the OSS Funding you wish to see in the world.
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue
Workers Auto Approve
Breaking News: Reinventing the Online News Economy
hackathon, media, news, design, entrepreneurship, Consensys, blockchain
In this challenge, we want you to rewrite the rules on how we experience media online. Content is being presented to us in new ways, faster than we understand the technology behind it, and we continue to not know how to navigate our own understanding of reputation and the accuracy of information. When was the last time you looked at the source material of a news story? We believe there is an opportunity to produce a clearer form of credentialing and signaling.
Web3 is uniquely positioned to create a healthier media landscape through transparency, incentives, identity, and reputation. We leave it to you to design the new conditions for trust in media, and offer the following provocations as a place to get started:
- How might we create trust in media through *transparency* in information and media systems?
- **Examples**: giving credit to original sources, incentivizing fact-checking and quality, building a curative reputation, and verifiable credentialing from sources, developing a media/information supply chain.
- How might we *incentivize* sharing and support of “quality” content?
- **Examples**: defining “quality” content in media, rewarding sharing of wholly read content instead of click-bait sharing, developing “sharing” reputation and incentivizing accordingly, incentivizing reading and commenting on work outside the realm of your political environment,
- How might we track and share *identity* of an organization, including makeup, motivations, stakeholders, etc, such that a true, robust *reputation* can emerge over time?
- **Examples**: sharing the “source code” of a major news organization, providing “nutrition facts” on the newsroom, showing how a powerful owner/company stakeholder influences (or doesn’t) the news
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: