No funded issue found.
Check out the
Issue Explorer Be the OSS Funding you wish to see in the world.
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue
Workers Auto Approve
Auto-minting of ZK notes (on Rinkeby)
TypeScript, react, web3, aztec
This task is part of a larger project to create an interactive web demo / playground for users to learn about zero-knowledge (ZK) assets and gain intuition about them by directly transacting with the contracts on-chain.
Currently when a new user first loads the page (the majority of user experiences), they will see a zero ZK note balance, as show in the screenshot below. This is not an optimal situation, as they will probably not be sure how to receive ZK notes to experiment with, and therefore not be able to experiment transferring them to other users.
As described (and implemented) in #45 , minting (creating) new ZK notes is a very manual process that involves an administrator account, which we can publish the credentials for on the Rinkeby testnet and embed into our demo site. (A different, future task will discuss how to enable this on Mainnet).
The task for this issue is to automatically mint a new 10-value ZK note, for one of the three ZK tokens (with trading symbols 'AAA', 'BBB', or 'ABC'), every time the user refreshes the page at https://zk-transfer.netlify.com, including when the page is first loaded.
## Task Description and Examples
A static demo, created with `react-scripts`, is currently running on:
In this task, you'll modify the source code in
Your task has two parts:
1. mint a new 10-value note programmatically, using the knowledge from issue #45
2. update the balances of the ZK token with this new note, with an animation or a sound effect, whenever the note has finished minting (there is a delay)
## How to Work on This Task
Working on this task requires the following steps
* Introduce yourself in our [gitter channel](https://gitter.im/invisible-college/democracy)! You'll be working with me (@cryptogoth ) and @owonwo and give an update every day or two letting us know what you're thinking, what you're curious about, and asking questions if you're stuck.
* Install the [Mullvad VPN client](mullvad.net) for your OS and ask us in Gitter for the account number.
* Fork this repo, and set up your local environment with your fork using these instructions https://github.com/invisible-college/democracy#get-the-source-code-to-experiment-and-run-tests
* go through the minting example in issue #45 instructions, both web and CLI, and learn about ImmutableJS data structures which we use in this project
* test your changes locally and refresh the browser to see your ZK balances update.
* Create a pull-request for this issue, and submit the URL in Gitcoin.
* I'll create a code review in your PR thread to give feedback and collaborate. When we're both happy with the result, I'll merge / close it, and pay out the bounty.
### Editing the Source Code
Here's an example of code that mints a configurable value of ZK note when a button is pushed in React that you may find helpful.
You can test it out in-person by going to https://aztec-web.netlify.com and following the web minting instructions in issue #45
### Deploying to Netlify
When you create your pull request of your fork back to the base repo, Netlify will include a preview deploy.
Looking forward to working and learning with you on this project ⛰
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: